We collected supplies for IOCC health kits and packed them at our last regular meeting of the fall semester. We were really blessed by the generosity of the parishoners at Holy Apostles and St. Catherine whose generous donations enabled us to excess our goal of 120 kits and pack 140!
Earlier this semester, some OCF members went with members of the St. Catherine’s Philotopochos Society to the Feed My Starving Children MobilePack event in Ithaca. There were 98 total volunteers for a variety of churches and organization, packing 131 boxes of food which is over 28,000 meals – enough to feed 77 children for a year.
Despite what it might look like from this blog, we were busy in the 2015-2016 academic year. A brief recap:
- We continued to have our regular gatherings on Wednesday evenings and morning prayers once a week as well.
- We packed health kits for the IOCC in the fall semester. It was quite a successful project. We packed over 100 kits! Extra items that we couldn’t use in the kits were donated to a local shelter.
- We had a fantastic end of the fall semester dinner hosted by Greg!
- We were visited by Archbishop Michael during the spring semester.
- We started out Lent by participating in the OCF Day of Prayer on Clean Monday.
- Our lecture series continued in April with a lecture by Rev. Dr. Nicolas Kazarian on “Orthodoxy Without Borders.” (See flyer below.)
- We celebrated Pascha! (And had a Bright Wednesday feast that week too complete with hamburgers grilled in the parking lot.)
- Most of all though, we enjoyed each other’s friendship, encouragement, and growing in and learning about our faith.