We collected supplies for IOCC health kits and packed them at our last regular meeting of the fall semester. We were really blessed by the generosity of the parishoners at Holy Apostles and St. Catherine whose generous donations enabled us to excess our goal of 120 kits and pack 140!
Despite what it might look like from this blog, we were busy in the 2015-2016 academic year. A brief recap:
- We continued to have our regular gatherings on Wednesday evenings and morning prayers once a week as well.
- We packed health kits for the IOCC in the fall semester. It was quite a successful project. We packed over 100 kits! Extra items that we couldn’t use in the kits were donated to a local shelter.
- We had a fantastic end of the fall semester dinner hosted by Greg!
- We were visited by Archbishop Michael during the spring semester.
- We started out Lent by participating in the OCF Day of Prayer on Clean Monday.
- Our lecture series continued in April with a lecture by Rev. Dr. Nicolas Kazarian on “Orthodoxy Without Borders.” (See flyer below.)
- We celebrated Pascha! (And had a Bright Wednesday feast that week too complete with hamburgers grilled in the parking lot.)
- Most of all though, we enjoyed each other’s friendship, encouragement, and growing in and learning about our faith.
Here is the recording of Bishop Michael’s excellent talk on the Orthodox Christian perspective of salvation.
On December 3, 2014 the OCF will be hosting a lecture by Bishop Michael of the diocese of New York and New Jersey. He will be talking about the Orthodox view of salvation and the talk is entitled “Are you saved: An Orthodox Christian Perspective”.
The lecture will begin at 7:30 pm in the chapel of Anabel Taylor Hall. All are welcomed and invited!
OCCM, with help from Cornell OCF, will be holding a FREE retreat the weekend of November 7-9th.
The retreat will be from Friday evening through Sunday. Sleeping accommodations and food will be provided throughout the whole weekend.
More information to be posted soon!
With the semester staring this coming week we have a few upcoming events!
Monday August 25: We will be at the Spirit of Cornell event hosted by CURW in the courtyard by Balch Hall. Come and visit!
Wednesday August 27: Our first regular meeting of the year will be at 7 pm in the Edwards Room of Anabel Taylor Hall. This is an important meeting as we plan for the semester and entire year ahead of us.
Saturday September 6: BBQ at Myers Park, followed by Vespers at Holy Apostles. (Rides will be available. )